Nutrition fuels performance for every athlete. An eating disorder can hold them back.
*Training at the intersection of sports nutrition and eating disorders*
- Sports nutrition and eating disorders are specialties within the field of dietetics, and if you work in either field, you’ll need knowledge and expertise in both. This symposium centers on the intersection of these two critical fields for athletes.
- Featuring highly experienced sports dietitians and eating disorder experts, this online training will build skills for assessment, counseling, medical nutrition needs, and dietary planning from an inclusive lens you need when working in athletics and with active people.
- This Symposium brings together 13 speakers who will cover the latest research and best practices to help you support every athlete who looks to you for guidance.
The EveryBODY Athlete Symposium will cover:
- Supporting clients with their sports nutrition goals across the weight, size and ability spectrum
- Career advancement as a sports dietitian – how to advance to work with the pros!
- Must-know nutrition considerations when working with elite athletes
- The latest research around protein and carbohydrate metabolism for athletic performance
- Nutrition counseling specifics for dancers and artistic athletes with eating disorders
- What RDNs need to know about medical symptoms and complications of disordered eating from an eating disorder specialist MD
- The dietitian’s role in injury prevention
- Updated science and recommendations for treating REDS and Hypothalamic Amenorrhea (HA), and other hormonal abnormalities related to low energy intake, restriction, and disordered eating
- Best practices for nutrition support for clients who live with or have suffered ability changes or injuries
- Gender-affirming nutrition support
- Current best practices and lessons learned from Olympic Committee dietitians on return to sport after REDS or an eating or exercise disorder
- Optimizing nutrition for vegan and vegetarian athletes
Welcoming these top speakers to EDRD Pro:
- Sara Oikawa from the Gatorade Sports Science Institute
- Rasa Troup, MS, RD, CSSD, LD OY
- Oluremi Famoudu, PhD, MS, RDN, CSSD, LD Sports RD for the Minnesota Vikings
- Megan Chocosky and Alicia Glass from US Olympic and Paralymic Committee
- Fumi Somehara of Dancers Don’t Diet Centre for Recovery
- Nicola Rinaldi, lead author of No Period. Now What?
- Kanoelani Patterson, LMSW
- Kathryn Ackerman, MD, MPH of Boston Children’s Hospital
- Liz Dunn, MS, RD, LDN
- Jacs Scheinman, RDN
- Danika Quesnel, from Safe Exercise at Every Stage (SEES)
- Mary Ellen Kelly, MS, RD, CSSD
EDRD Pro is a web-based community of dietitians and other like-minded professionals who work from a non-diet, Intuitive Eating, and Health at Every Size® approach. Our mission is to support and train members on evidence-based HAES research and emerging science to help broaden their skills in identifying, treating, and preventing disordered eating and eating disorders.
Sign up for membership and learn more at www.EDRDpro.com